News2

We meet on Saturday mornings at 6:00 a.m. in the Parish Hall from September through May. Our next meeting is this Saturday, September 28, 2019. Group 2 will provide breakfast.

Band of Brothers 2018-19

Band of Brothers 2018-19
Band of Brothers 2018-19

Friday, March 14, 2014

The Passion of the Christ, Session 2


I greatly appreciated the opportunity to view and discuss the first session, the of the movie with the group.  This week the session will cover the time between the Agony in the Garden and the Scourging when Jesus was accused of blasphemy.

As I think about what to draw out of this part of the movie two main things come to mind, the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and the rejection of Jesus.  When applied to my own life I must admit there are instances when I've been much like the Pharisees in these two areas.  I pray we all receive the grace to increase our faith and strengthen our resolve to do God's will.

Then Peter remembered the word Jesus has spoken: "Before the cock crows you will deny me three time."  Matthew 26:75

No comments:

Post a Comment